Quotes and phrases about women from famous authors and thinkers:
- To a woman the first kiss is just the end of the beginning but to a man it is the beginning of the end. // Helen Rowland
- To generalize on women is dangerous. To specialize on them is infinitely worse. // Rudolph Valentino
- Women dress alike all over the world: they dress to be annoying to other women. // Elsa Schiaparelli
- Man has will, but woman has her way. // Oliver Wendell Holmes
- There’s two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither one works. // Will Rogers
- Brigands demand your money or your life; women require both. // Samuel Butler
- Women have a passion for mathematics. They divide their age in half, double the price of their clothes, and always add at least five years to the age of their best friend. // Marcel Achard
- Women complain about premenstrual syndrome, but I think of it as the only time of the month that I can be myself. // Roseanne Barr
- That’s the nature of women not to love when we love them, and to love when we love them not. // Miguel de Cervantes
- When women love us, they forgive us everything, even our crimes; when they do not love us, they give us credit for nothing, not even our virtues. // Honré de Balzac
- I married beneath me. All women do. // Lady Nancy Astor
- Women like silent men. They think they’re listening. // Marcel Archard
- When I was a young man I vowed never to marry until I found the ideal woman. Well, I found her but, alas, she was waiting for the ideal man. // Alain
- If women didn’t exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning. // Aristotle
- Woman is a miracle of divine contradictions. // Jules Michelet
- Heaven hath no rage like a love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned. // William Congreve
- A charming woman doesn’t follow the crowd. She is herself. // Loretta Young
- Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition. // Timothy Leary
- No matter how successful I become, my mother would be thrilled to hear me tell her that I’d just lost twenty pounds and got married. // Wendy Wasserstein
- The great question that has never been answered, and which I have not yet been able to answer, despite my thirty years of research into the feminine soul, is “What does a woman want?” // Sigmund Freud
- This species (women) is in fine at once the queen of the world and the slave of passion. // Honré de Balzac
- Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world. // Marilyn Monroe
- A woman’s guess is much more accurate than a man’s certainty. // Rudyard Kipling
- The silliest woman can manage a clever man; but it needs a clever woman to manage a fool. // Rudyard Kipling
- Men don’t change but when they do they do, they change of woman. // Anonymous
- The woman problem has always been a man problem. // Simone de Beauvoir
- The fickleness of the women whom I love is only equalled by the infernal constancy of the women who love me. // George Bernard Shaw
Quotes and phrases about women by Felipe Arcano:
- The more I know about women, the more I appreciate my silence.
- We should listen more to women; they, instead, should listen to themselves less.
- Women don’t like men for what they are but for what they think they can make them-out to be.
- Not because all women are incomprehensible do they stop being irresistible.
- Not all women are the same, but they are for sure equally incomprehensible.
- Women never stop believing in love; thing is that even if expecting love they never chase after it…
- What’s up with women?
Know about any quotes or phrases that talk about or define the “woman spirit” and want to share them? Please send your contributions to firstname.lastname@example.org
In your correspondence please state the source and to whom they are attributed as to offer proper credit. Quotes and phrases by unknown authors will be edited for comprehension. Only those that are suitable (under my own set of standards) will be published.